How to add a PC & RM reportEdit
- In Talis go to acquisitions/orders
- Open up the record (type in the control no. or the LK number, then press F9)
- Go to the ‘report’ tag and click on the symbol of a magnifying glass.
- Go to the ‘last report date box’. Click on the magnifying glass. If a report is already there click ‘add new’.
- Put in PC or RM into the report box.
- Type ’’PC’’ for records which can be checked by cataloguing assistants. These are records which need page numbers added or typing errors tidied up.
- Type ‘’RM’’ for records to be checked by a cataloguing librarian. These are records which need subject headings or have multiple errors or missing fields or lack a classmark.
- Two serials which are treated as monographs have difficult records and therefore should be marked as RM. These are Global Architecture Document (GA) and Autonomous Urbanism
- In the notes field note give a brief explanation as to why the item is PC or RM, e.g., no barcodes, no subject heading.
Reviewed 9/6/2010 JCB, JOD