If you have multiple copies each containing CDs, you only process 1 CD. Remaining CDs are kept in the back of books and one is kept with Cataloguing.
- Process the book as above with the addition of note "CD Available" on item cover, created using P-Touch machine on a 12" label.
- Put CD into case.
- Tattle tape CD, using special CD tattle tape.
- Put barcode on the CD case using the template and discard duplicate barcode
- Type CD labels on the P-Touch machine using an 18" label (all on one label).
- Title -
- Class no. -
- Book Available.
- Put class no. and suffix on spine of CD case and scotch tape over label
- In record make sure there is a 525 tag 'Includes CD-ROM' and a 534 tag which states that the CD-ROM is a reference work and gives its number. To number the CD take the next running number from the CD-Box in processing. e.g.
- Where multiple copies are supplied with CDs - process just one CD, keep one copy as 'back-up' and leave the remaining CDs in the books, no security tagging necessary.
- Reference: CD 187.
GA 12:22, 10/6/10
JCB 10:39, 10/6/10