Processing Books for the Regional Medical Library
- Ensure that the RML book in hand has RML stamp inside.
- RML material is not stamped 'Library' on top and bottom.
- Leave order form inside book.
- Adhere top of special RML lending label to front page of book using Pritt-Stik, and fold the bottom of it approx. 1" deep, (2 lines) to make a pocket. Sellotape this in place.
- Attach one barcode to front of the book using ½” template and duplicate barcode on page 21 of item.
- Check that the details on the card match the book details, and write the class no and barcode on the card in pen.
- Put this card into the pocket on the lending label.
- Insert appropriate tattle tape. Hardback - white; Paperback - Green.
- With the P-Touch machine, create a label displaying class no. and suffix and attach to spine using the ½” template.
- Scotch tape spine if paperback.
- Scotch tape only spine label on hardback.
- Jacket book if necessary.
- Go into Talis using Bib ID and check title. Put in the class no.and wand in the bar-code, at status put book 'In Process' and at Type put 'Normal'. Check under Record, Items and Classification, ensuring that RMLD is displayed under Items.
- Put Class No. on book in usual way.
- Put your initials on back page of book.
- Put on trolley flagged RML for checking and despatch.
R.M.L. Reference BooksEdit
Reference books are processed similarly to Lending books with the exception of the following:
- Stamp “Reference Only” on top of first page
- Leave RML card loose in book.
- Type class no. on label, leaving a line empty beneath the no. for the appropriate sticker
- RML Reference books have a suffix
Sarab 11:33, 25 April 2008 (UTC)